Fastest DNS Servers for Ps4- 2018
Don’t you just hate when your Ps4 internet runs or shall I say crawls like a snail? Well me too while mostly it’s your connection speed may be the problem but sometimes you just are a prey of bad DNS configuration. While often it’s ISP or DNS provider work to configure your DNS services but still you should assign them manually for your console. Sometimes a badly assign DNS can decrease your internet download speed up to 10x and I have got my experience to back that up while sometimes DNS simply will have an error to Ps4 servers so it won’t let you connect to the online server. Either way, it is best to have “Fastest DNS Servers for Ps4” so that nothing will come between you and your smooth gaming experience. You might want to have fastest DNS servers to achieve a better gaming experience.
What is DNS server?
Basically, a DNS server “Domain Name System” is a server which contains the collection of IP with their corresponding hostname or shall I say the domains. It helps to translate web addresses (like ps4dns.com) to their IP addresses (like 18.104.22.168). DNS helps to establish a connection between human-readable address and computer readable address behind the network scene.
Fastest DNS servers 2018 For Ps4
|Provider||Primary DNS Server||Secondary DNS Server|
|German Privacy Foundation e.V.||22.214.171.124||Deutschland|
|Comodo Secure DNS||126.96.36.199||188.8.131.52|
*Above are some of the free and fastest DNS servers you can find.
*Primary DNS are also called preferred DNS.
*Secondary DNS Are also called alternate DNS.
Download this game now 43% discount
How to Use Fastest DNS Servers?
To use these DNS servers for your PS4 devices just follow these instructions:
- Go to settings and then network.
- Now go to set up Internet Connection.
- Use either Lan Cable or Wi-Fi and then choose custom.
- Choose Ip Address as Automatic and DHCP Do not specify.
- In DNS server settings use Manual and type in the preferred DNS in the Primary DNS and Secondary DNS bar e.g
If I want to use Google DNS than I will type 184.108.40.206 in primary DNS and 220.127.116.11 in Secondary DNS.
Why Use DNS Servers?
Well, there are many reasons you might want to use a new DNS server that is different than given by your ISP.
So, first of all, why use DNS servers? Below are the reasons, why using DNS server is a better idea :
- Enhances security: You might not know but using a bad DNS can be dangerous. DNS servers can be like a firewall against redirects, viruses, spam tools etc. So you might want to use a secure DNS to protect you from mis-identity, thief, and phishing attacks.
- Increase Download Speed: As I said before having a good DNS that is near to your location and runs 24/7 can help for better communication between the server and the computer which directly leads to better Download speed. You might want to change to more suitable DNS near to your location if your ISP has assigned you very far located DNS.
- Unblock Certain Websites: A websites and apps can be blocked to certain DNS.Some ISP assigns specific DNS so that some websites are blocked like Facebook, Youtube, Netflix etc. In order to unblock that you might want to use certain DNS for your device. Remember not all DNS unblocks websites but you can find many which do unblock websites.
Questions Related To DNS servers
1. What DNS server should I use for ps4?
You can use any one of the above DNS services for your Ps console. Just go to settings > Network > Custom and follow the instructions.
2. How do I change the DNS on my ps4?
Just go to settings > Network > Custom and follow the instructions. When you get to the DNS options type in primary and secondary DNS from above-listed DNS services.
3. How do I find my DNS server?
If the DNS is assigned by your ISP provider then you can contact your ISP or just enter your router IP address in the web bar and go to your router settings panel to see your DNS structure.
4. What is the best DNS server?
There isn’t a specific best DNS server but the above-listed ones are among the great ones that run 24/7. The best in terms of stability may be the google DNS because of its availability all around the world. Remember the best DNS server for PS4 may not be fastest DNS servers for ps4.
5. How do you find your preferred DNS server?
Usually, public DNS that are near you or Google DNS are good DNS servers you don’t know any good DNS provider.