CE-34788-0: PS4 Update File Cannot Be Used
Are you having CE-34788-0 PS4 Update File Cannot Be Used issue on your Ps4? Trying to get a solution to this problem? There are different solutions to solve the PS4 CE-34788-0 error. In this article, there are some possible solutions that can help you fix the “PS4 Update File Cannot Be Used” issue.
The PS4 update file cannot be used (CE-34788-0) is an error which usually appears right after your console has downloaded a new update and it appears during boot along the message like This update file cannot be used or The update file on your USB device cannot be used.
To install an update file via USB, please make sure that you’re using the correct update type: For a standard update, you’ll need the latest version of the System Software which can be downloaded from eu.playstation.com/get-help/ps4-system-software/. Ps4 Error ce-34788-0 is the error codes which define update file cannot be used. SO below we are giving you some of the possible fixes to ps4 error code ce-34788-0.
- Press X to add a checkmark in the Applications saving section.
- Your PS4 will now restart and transfer all the data you have stored. Depending on the amount of data, it could take a couple of hours, to longer than a day.
Now you can go and reset the PS4 using the file you will download from the PS4 official website. You will still need to use another USB storage device to save the file which should be around 900MB.
PS4 should automatically recognize the update files if you have named the folders and files correctly. Simply follow the instructions on the screen in order to proceed. If the file is not recognized check to see if you have named and placed the folders correctly in the previous steps.
Restoring the backup can be done easily after you reset the software so you shouldn’t worry about losing your data.
- First of all, you should connect the USB stick you used to back up the game files to the system.
- From the functions screen at the PlayStation 4 home menu, select Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data on USB Storage Device > Download to System Storage.
- Capitalization and proper spelling of the above file path are important so that the PS4 can locate the update file.
- Make sure that you are using only the latest update file, downloaded directly from the PlayStation site. It can be either the full install or just the update, depending on your needs, but it must be the latest firmware to guarantee proper functionality.
Common Question And Answer On CE-34788-0 2020
How do I fix error code CE 34788 0?To Fix CE-34788-0 PS4 Error Code Follow These Steps:
- Go to PS4 System Software page using a PC or Mac.
- Scroll down the page and select “Perform a new installation of the system software”.
- Follow the steps and download system software file from the PS4 official website. (approx. 1GB).
How to fix ce-34788-0 fix without losing data?
Fixing ce-34788-0 fix without losing data is a very hard task. But follow these steps for fixing the issue:
- Update to your latest firmware.
- Perform a soft reset.
How do I download the update file reinstallation?
Follow this link to Download system software file from the PS4 official website. This will help you to solve ce-34788-0 ps4 error code.
You have looked at the steps which you need to follow in order to fix PS4 Update File Cannot Be Used. Please contact PlayStation Support, if still there is the issue of PS4 Update File Cannot Be Used or ps4 CE-34788-0 fell free to write in the comment section below.