CE-34788-0: PS4 Update File Cannot Be Used
Are you having CE-34788-0 PS4 Update File Cannot Be Used issue on your Ps4? Trying to get a solution to this problem? There are different solutions to solve the PS4 CE-34788-0 error. In this article, there are some possible solutions that can help you fix the “PS4 Update File Cannot Be Used” issue.
The PS4 update file cannot be used (CE-34788-0) is an error which usually appears right after your console has downloaded a new update and it appears during boot along the message like This update file cannot be used or The update file on your USB device cannot be used. To install an update file via USB, please make sure that you’re using the correct update type: For a standard update, you’ll need the latest version of the System Software which can be downloaded from eu.playstation.com/get-help/ps4-system-software/. Ps4 Error ce-34788-0 is the error codes which define update file cannot be used. SO below we are giving you some of the possible fixes to ps4 error code ce-34788-0.
PS4 Update File Cannot Be Used Cause
The most common cause for CE-34788-0 problem is a faulty update file which you have downloaded automatically for your console or which you have tried to install manually using a USB storage device. The problem is the firmware version you are trying to use to upgrade your PS4. It may also occur right after the user has initialized their system after a hard drive replacement. Remember which link you used when downloading the PS4UPDATE.PUP file (firmware). The thing is that there are two specific firmware versions for each PS4 update case. Only one version is used to update the PS4 with old firmware version installed on it. The second version is used by those users who have introduced a new hard disk in PS4, and they need to install the PS4 system software fully.
Ps4 CE-34788-0 Fix
The following are the points which fix ps4 update file cannot be used error:
Solution 1: Give your PlayStation 4 a hard reset [Warning May Delete Your Data]
To Fix CE-34788-0 error first try to give your PlayStation 4 a hard reset which can solve the problem easily without trying to install the whole system again manually and it can only take a minute. You can follow the steps which are mentioned below:
- First of all, tap and hold the power button at the front part of the ps4 console until it shuts down completely.
- Now, you can unplug the power plug from the back of the PS4. Then, you can press and hold the power button on the PS4 several times to make sure there is no remaining power and this will actually clean the cache and drain the PS4 from any current. Make sure you leave it disconnected for a couple of minutes.
- After disconnected for a couple of minutes, you should plug in the power brick back and wait for the light located on the power brick to change its color from white to orange.
- Now, you should turn the PS4 back on as you would do normally and check to see if the PS4 error CE-34788-0 still appears when you start the console.
Solution 2: Double-check the Firmware version
Some of the solutions to this error include double-checking the firmware version. PS4 error CE-34788-0 may appear when you are updating PS4 using firmware, which is already installed. You should check it double. The folder should be named PS4 and next folder should be named UPDATE. Then you should paste the firmware into the UPDATE folder with a filename PS4UPDATE.PUP.
Solution 3: Use the correct Firmware
If the error PS4 error CE-34788-0 appeared after you swap your hard disk drive, you may have used a wrong firmware. In the PS4 system software website there is two firmware. One is for update and the other one is formatting PS4 hard disk drive. If you have a new hard disk, use the firmware for formatting. You can see the instruction below to solve ps4 the update file cannot be used error:
- First of all, you should go to the PS4 System Software.
- Then, expand the “Perform a new installation of the system software.”
- Now click “DOWNLOAD NOW” to start the download.
- After download, you should insert the USB Flash Drive.
- Now open it, then create a folder name it PS4.
- Inside the PS4 folder, create a folder name it UPDATE.
- Now, you should copy and paste the firmware PS4UPDATE.PUP inside the UPDATE
- Insert the USB flash drive to the PS4 and apply the system update and see if ps4 the update file cannot be used error is solved or not.
Solution 4: Install the Updated System Manually
There is one major downside to this method and that is the fact that you will lose your personal data. Since this is probably your only way of solving the problem, you might want to either accept the fact that you are about to lose your data or you can back it up before performing a hard reset by following this steps. Remember to back up the data else before proceeding for ps4 the update file cannot be used CE-34788-0 fix.
- You will need to use a USB storage device formatted to either FAT or exFAT. Be sure to fully insert the device into the USB port. Some devices are not compatible due to shape or design.
- From the function screen on your PS4, select Settings and navigate to System > Back up and Restore. Choose the Back Up PS4 option from the new screen.
- Press X to add a checkmark in the Applications saving section.
- Your PS4 will now restart and transfer all the data you have stored. Depending on the amount of data, it could take a couple of hours, to longer than a day.
Now you can go and reset the PS4 using the file you will download from the PS4 official website. You will still need to use another USB storage device to save the file which should be around 900MB.
- You should create a folder called “PS4”. Open that folder and create another folder called “UPDATE”.
- Now, you should download the update file for your PS4 from PlayStation’s official website and you should copy and paste the firmware PUP inside the UPDATE folder. Scroll down to the bottom and click on “Perform a new installation of the system software”. Locate the Download button.
- Move the whole PS4 folder you created on your computer to the root folder of the USB storage device you own. Make sure you have at least 320 MB of free space on the USB drive. Connect the USB drive to your PlayStation 4.
- Then, turn on your PS4, click the PlayStation button to navigate to the function screen and then open Settings >> System Software Update.
PS4 should automatically recognize the update files if you have named the folders and files correctly. Simply follow the instructions on the screen in order to proceed. If the file is not recognized check to see if you have named and placed the folders correctly in the previous steps.
Restoring the backup can be done easily after you reset the software so you shouldn’t worry about losing your data.
- First of all, you should connect the USB stick you used to back up the game files to the system.
- From the functions screen at the PlayStation 4 home menu, select Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data on USB Storage Device > Download to System Storage.
- Now, press X to add a checkmark in the checkbox for the saved data you want to copy, and then choose Copy. The files should be right there. Now all is done any your ps4 this update file cannot be used error must be gone by now.
Things to Note Before Trying PS4 Update File Cannot Be Used Fix
- Make sure that your USB drive is formatted to FAT32 or exFAT, or the PS4 will not recognize it.
- To identify the update and the folders, the file path should be PS4 > UPDATE > PS4UPDATE.PUP
- Capitalization and proper spelling of the above file path are important so that the PS4 can locate the update file.
- Make sure that you are using only the latest update file, downloaded directly from the PlayStation site. It can be either the full install or just the update, depending on your needs, but it must be the latest firmware to guarantee proper functionality.
Common Question And Answer On CE-34788-0
How do I fix error code CE 34788 0?To Fix CE-34788-0 PS4 Error Code Follow These Steps:
- Go to PS4 System Software page using a PC or Mac.
- Scroll down the page and select “Perform a new installation of the system software”.
- Follow the steps and download system software file from the PS4 official website. (approx. 1GB).
How to fix ce-34788-0 fix without losing data?
Fixing ce-34788-0 fix without losing data is a very hard task but follow these steps:
- Update to your latest firmware.
- Perform a soft reset.
How do I download the update file reinstallation?
Follow this link to Download system software file from the PS4 official website. This will help you to solve ce-34788-0 ps4 error code.
You have looked at the steps which you need to follow in order to fix PS4 Update File Cannot Be Used. Please contact PlayStation Support, if still there is the issue of PS4 Update File Cannot Be Used or ps4 CE-34788-0 fell free to write in the comment section below.