How to Change DNS on PS4 – 2020
DNS which is commonly known as Domain Name Server is a representation of web address like an IP. Unlike human who uses Website names like google.com, whenever you want to connect to a certain website your computer takes the IP address and tries to match it with the domain you entered to get the accurate domain name. So you might know how important DNS is to communicate between two devices. SO you might want to know how to change DNS on ps4 so that you can have a fast and working DNS in your console while you try to communicate to your PS4 as a badly assigned DNS can cause speed lag, slow download speed, data loss etc. So here are the ways you can how to setup DNS on ps4.
How To Setup DNS on PS4
To set up DNS on PS4 Just follow these steps:
- Go to settings option from the PS4 home menu and then to network option.
- Now go to set up Internet Connection.
- Use either Lan Cable or Wi-Fi and then choose custom.
- Choose Ip Address as Automatic and DHCP Do not specify.
- In DNS server settings use Manual and type in the preferred DNS in the Primary DNS and Secondary DNS bar e.g
If I want to use Google DNS than I will type 188.8.131.52 in primary DNS and 184.108.40.206 in Secondary DNS.
- Now change the MTU settings as automatic and proxy also as automatic and now it is done.
Now you have successfully change the DNS of your PS4 console. If you want to assign other DNS rather then the google DNS you can simply follow the methods above and change the 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 values from the DNS setting. Also, see the fastest DNS servers page to get the Fastest DNS servers for ps4.