PlayStation Network Sign In Failed
Have you been facing the trouble of PlayStation Network Sign In? Trying to get a solution to the PlayStation network issues problem? A question like “Why am I unable to connect to PlayStation Network (PSN)?” are increasingly asked by players when they deal with common PSN problems on the PS4 Pro and PS4. Maybe you are here because you just faced PlayStation Network Sign In Failed and want to fix the problem or find a correct solution. The reason that you might be facing the problem could be due to PlayStation Network is down due to maintenance or IP address has been changed. Today we will be talking about ways that could fix PlayStation Network Sign In Failed ps4.
Reason For PlayStation Network Sign In Failed 2019
Here are common PlayStation Network Problems that may cause ps4 PlayStation network sign in failed:
- The most common PSN problem is PlayStation Network Sign In Failed which is due to the actual network failure of your network connection or Ps4 servers and cause PlayStation network issues.
- If you see CE -33991-5 on your PS4 or PS3 then the entire network may be down.
- Your IP address has been banned or changed.
- The network may be down due to maintenance. You can check your Internet connection to see if it is the problem. On the PS4 go to Settings > Network > Test Internet Connection and follow the onscreen instructions to make sure the console can get online. Or you can check on the article on ps4 won’t connect to the wifi.
- If you see this error code WS-37397-9, then either you have got a Network Ban as your IP address is blacklisted or there’s connecting issue to the PlayStation Network
If there are PSN problems right now then you can check the PSN Status Page that it will detail specific issues and restrictions, including issues playing games, seeing trophies and other social features. So to confirm which problem you are facing, try accessing your PlayStation account from a computer by going to PlayStationNetwork.com. If you attempt to log in and you see something like this screenshot then your IP address has been blacklisted.
Fix PlayStation Network Sign In Failed 2019
Most of these PlayStation Network fixes are things you can do from home without spending any more money, but some may require you to buy a new router, change where it is placed or run a cable to connect directly to your home internet connection. If at all the PlayStation’s server is down then you will get a message saying “Login Failed. You are signed out of PlayStation Network”. So, if you are looking for ways to fix the PlayStation network sign in failed, then please follow the solutions mentioned below:
Solution 1: System Software Updates
Here are the steps you need to follow to solve PlayStation network issues:
- Go to settings and check for any new system software updates.
- Then, to the System Software Update.
- Download the updated version.
- Restart your PlayStation.
- And go to settings and then the Account Management.
- Now, click on Accept Terms and Conditions.
Solution 2: Media Server
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- First of all, go to the Settings, especially Network Settings.
- Then to Media Server Connection, click to disable the media server.
Solution 3: Automatic Login
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to settings and choose the User option.
- Then, go to login settings and tick the box which says, ‘Log in PS4 Automatically’.
- After that, you can restart your PlayStation and then try to sign in.
Solution 4: DNS Settings
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- First of all, go to the settings and then to Setup Internet Connection.
- Then, they will ask you questions like, ‘how do you want to connect to the network, then click on ‘Use Wi-Fi’ followed by selecting ‘Custom’.
- Select the Wi-Fi network that you want to select and then leave the IP address settings to ‘Automatic’.
- Then to DHCP Hostname screen, select “Do not Specify”.
- In the DNS settings, select “Manual” and enter the Google DNS given below.
- After you are done that click on “Next”.
- Primary DNS – 220.127.116.11
- Secondary DNS – 18.104.22.168
- When you find yourself in the MTU settings, then select “Manual” followed by entering the MTU value.
- Then, click on “Do not use” on the proxy server and then click on “Test Internet Connection”.
- This will check the internet settings and the PlayStation Network sign in.
Solution 5: Rebuild Database
Here are the steps you need to follow to rebuild ps4 database:
- First of all, turn off your PlayStation and then hold the power up to 8 seconds or till the time you hear a beep for the second time.
- Then you will have to connect your dual shock 4 to your PlayStation with the use of a charging cable.
- Then press the ps button.
- Navigating down to the rebuild database option, pressing ‘X’ on it.
Solution 6: Factory/Default Settings
Here are the steps you need to follow to rest your ps4 to default settings:
- First of all, turn off your PlayStation.
- Then, hold the power button physically for about 8 seconds.
- When you hear the beep sound for the second time, connect your DualShock 4 to your ps4 through a charging cable and press the ps button.
- Reset default settings option and click on ‘X’.
Still, if you are facing the problem of PlayStation Network Sign In Failed, then unplug the router and modem and turn off the PS4 at least a few minutes. And after a few minutes, then turn your router and modem. After router and modem, both are seen online turn on your PS4 and try to connect to PSN again. If it doesn’t work then try to connect to a different Wi-Fi, if it worked then the problem could be from your router. Call your ISP and ask them to change your router to public IP.
Common Questions And Answers on PlayStation Network Sign In Failed
How do you sign into PlayStation Network?
Signing into PSN on PS4
- Go to Settings > Account Management > Sign in.
- Enter your Sign-in ID (Email Address) and password > confirm.
How do you fix error code C3 33986-9 on ps4?
The following are the points given to fix error code C3 33986-9 on ps4:
- PlayStation Network may be temporarily unavailable or under maintenance. Please check the status of PSN
- If PSN is available, test Internet connection [Settings > Network >Test Internet Connection] to confirm that you can connect to the Internet.
How do you fix the PlayStation Network?
The given below points is to fix the PlayStation Network:
- Go to the settings and choose “Set Up Internet Connection”.
- Then select either wifi or LAN cable.
- Choose easy on the next screen.
- Then select your Wi-Fi network and enter the password.
- Select next to continue.
- Now, test internet connection in the network menu to test if PlayStation Network Sign-In is successful.
How to change your PSN ID on your PS4?
The following are the points to change your PlayStation Network ID on your PS4:
- Go to Settings on your PS4.
- Then select Account Management > Account Information > Profile > Online ID.
- Enter your new online id of choice.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the change.
5. Can’t connect to PlayStation Network?
If you cannot connect in your Ps4 Network then check if your internet connection is ok or not. To check your internet connect follow these steps:
- Goto“Set Up Internet Connection” under the Network menu in Settings.
- Choose Wi-Fi or LAN Cable.
- Select Easy on the next screen.
- Select your Wi-Fi network and enter the password.
- Select Next to continue.
- Test Internet Connection in the Network menu to test if PSN Sign-In is successful.
6. How do I sign back into PlayStation Network?
- Go to [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Sign in].
- Enter your Sign-in ID (Email Address) and password > [Confirm].
Please contact PlayStation Support, if still there is the issue of PlayStation Network Sign In Failed. If you got other errors rather than ps4 PlayStation network sign in failed then tell us in the comment section we will provide you with help related to solve the ps4 problem.