Important Updates and up coming on ps4 version 10.50
- You can now access verified apps from settings.
- The PlayStation app now shows active friends as online in the friends list.
- Unicode 15.0 emoji can now be displayed.
- In supported games, players from other platforms are now visible when playing the game.
Sony has released a new firmware update for the PlayStation 4, version 10.50, which brings several new features and improvements to the console. One of the most interesting new features is the ability to see what other people are playing, according to a Reddit user who first discovered the feature.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the new features in the PS4 firmware update 10.50 and explain how to use them.
What’s New in PS4 Firmware Update 10.50?
- Enhanced PlayStation App Integration
With the latest firmware update, Sony has improved the integration of the PlayStation App with the PS4. This means you can now join and create parties directly from the app. Additionally, you can now use the app to send text messages to your friends on the PS4.
- Improved Parental Controls
The PS4 firmware update 10.50 brings several new options for parental controls. Parents can now choose to hide games and apps from the Library and Purchased content. Additionally, they can now disable the ability to take screenshots and video clips from certain games.
- Remote Play Enhancements
If you’re using the Remote Play feature to stream games from your PS4 to other devices, you’ll appreciate the new enhancements in the latest firmware update. Sony has added the ability to use the controller’s motion sensor to control games on remote devices, as well as the option to set the resolution and frame rate for Remote Play.
- Seeing What Others Are Playing
One of the most interesting new features in the PS4 firmware update 10.50 is the ability to see what other people are playing. According to a Reddit user, the feature allows you to see what games your friends are currently playing, as well as what device they are playing on (PS4 or PS5).
How to See What Others Are Playing on PS4
To see what games your friends are currently playing on their PS4 or PS5, follow these steps:
- Go to your friends list and select a friend.
- On their profile page, select “Game Base.”
- Under “Now Playing,” you’ll see the game they are currently playing and the device they are using.
Note that this feature only works if your friend has given permission for others to see their activity.
- Improved performance and stability: PS4 firmware updates often come with bug fixes and performance improvements that can make your system run smoother and faster.
- Access to new features: Firmware updates may introduce new features and capabilities to your PS4 that were not available before.
- Security fixes: Firmware updates often include security patches to protect your PS4 from vulnerabilities and potential security threats.
- Compatibility with new games: Some games may require a certain firmware version to run properly, so updating your PS4 may be necessary to play certain games.
- Risk of errors or bugs: While firmware updates are intended to improve your PS4’s performance, there is always a risk of errors or bugs that could cause issues with your system or specific games.
- Incompatibility with mods or custom software: If you have installed any mods or custom software on your PS4, updating your firmware may cause these to become incompatible and stop working.
- Loss of jailbreak or root access: If you have jailbroken or rooted your PS4, updating the firmware will likely remove this access and prevent you from using any custom software or modifications.
- Time-consuming: Updating your PS4 can be a time-consuming process, especially if you have a slow internet connection. It may also require you to restart your system, which could cause inconvenience if you were in the middle of a game or other activity.