PS4 No Sound
Are you facing issues like PS4 no sound? Are you trying to get the solution to this problem? Maybe you are here because you just got no sound on ps4 or ps4 pro and are trying to find the right solution. Anyway, you might find it really frustrating that you are getting no sound from ps4 console or headset. There can be many reasons for getting an audio problem in Ps4. Keep Reading The article to solve the following errors:
- PS4 no sound
- PS4 headset no sound
- PS4 controller pc no sound
- PS4 remote play no sound and many more
PS4 audio can either be put out with digital or optical audio. If a device that is not compatible with the HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) standard is connected to the PS4TM system using an HDMI cable, video and audio cannot be output from the system. The symptoms shown by a PS4 with audio/video issues include a flickering screen, no audio or video and both no audio and video.
You might have noticed that the PS4’s audio can either be put out with digital or optical audio, through the settings menu. The PS4’s auto-detection sometimes has problems to correctly enable the right method of sending out audio in the right format. Even though your AV Receiver might say PCM 5.1 on its display, the subwoofer and surround speakers will not output anything and that can be very annoying, especially when playing your favorite Singstar music, having no cool subwoofer sounds.
Issues For PS4 No Sound
Some of the issues for ps4 headset no sound are given hereunder:
- Audio from the PS4 can be outputted with either digital or optical audio. When the audio auto detection has difficulty discerning audio signal through a splitter and the system is connected to a multi-channel output and a two-channel output, it may opt to output on multi-channel sound, resulting in the center audio channel sound lost which might result to ps4 no sound issue.
- The pieces of metal connectors in the HDMI plug are bent hence preventing the plug from being fully plugged into the console. This could be a result of the connectors in the HDMI port that should have been stuck to the bottom of the port are sticking up.
Also See: PS4 not reading Disc Fix
No Sound On Ps4 Fix
This article can help you to fix PS4 no sound issues easily and quickly. You can try these 11 methods below to fix No Sound On Ps4 issues until it solves your problem.
Step 1: Check your headset
First of all, to solve ps4 headset no sound you need to check your headset’s cables and ports to see if they are working properly. Make sure that you correctly plug the cables into the appropriate ports. Make sure there are no dust or obstacles inside the ports that may prevent your device from working properly. Connect your headset to mobile or other devices so that you can be sure that the audio is working in other devices.
Step 2: Check your Mic Boom
Follow these two steps to troubleshoot whether your problem lies in your headset with mic boom:
- Unplug your headset from your PS4 controller, then disconnect the mic boom by pulling it straight out of the headset and plug the mic boom back in. then re-plug your headset into your PS4 controller again.
- Plug your headset into your mobile phone, and make a phone call with your mic and see if it works well.
Step 3: Update your sound card driver
If your microphone is not working when using on PC, you should update the audio driver to make sure there’s no problem communicating between PC and mic. There’re two options to update your audio driver:
Step 4: Manually update the audio driver
You should go to the website of your mic manufacturer, find the correct and latest sound driver for your device, and install it on your computer. This requires time and computer skills.
Step 5: Automatically update the audio driver
If you don’t have time or computer skills to manually update drivers, you can do that automatically with Driver Easy.
Step 6: Configure the audio device settings on your PS4
If you’re using your headphones on your PS4 and there is no sound on it, you need to check the audio device settings on your PS4. Here is how to configure settings for your connected audio device:
- On the home screen of your PS4 system, press the up button on your controller to go to the function area.
- Select Settings
- Select Devices
- Select Audio Devices
- Select Output to headphones, and then select All Audio
- Restart your game to see if this fixes your problem.
Step 7: Changing the Audio Format
When playing a Blu-ray or DVD, the AV receiver may only detect Linear PCM (Stereo) even if the audio on the movie is set to DTS 5.1 or Dolby Digital 5.1. These settings can also be applied to games under the game’s Audio settings.
- Load up Blu-ray or DVD movie into your PS4.
- When the disc is playing, press Options on the game controller and then select Settings.
- Scroll down to Audio Format and select Bitstream (Direct).
Step 7: Replace with a PS4 Microphone
You can try using your microphone on other devices, like another PlayStation 4, or your PC, and see if it works or not. If it turns out that your microphone stops working, you’ll need to replace it with a new PS4 microphone.
Step 8: Switch the input of your display
In some cases, the audio problem is caused by signal issues. One of the quick fixes to handle this issue is switching input channels on your display then switching back. For instance, if your PS4 is connected to the HDMI1 port on your display, you can switch the input channel to HDMI 2, and then switch the input back to HDMI 1.
This process will vary depending on different displays. If you don’t know how to do it, consult the documentation of your display for instructions.
Step 9: Check the connection between your devices
Audio problems may occur due to the poor connection between your ps4 and your display. In this case, you need to make sure that all your devices are connected properly. Here is how:
- Turn off your PS4 and your display.
- Unplug your HDMI cable and power cable.
- Check your cables and the corresponding ports on your devices.
- Replug your cables. Make sure they are properly inserted into the ports.
- Restart your PS4 and your display.
Hope the sound comes back when you restart your game.
Also, See: How To Download Games Faster On PS4
Step 10: Configure the audio output settings on your PS4
Incorrect audio output settings may also cause audio issues. If this is your problem, adjusting the sound settings can help. Here is how to configure the audio settings on your PS4:
Step 1: On the home screen of your PS4 system, press the up button on your controller to go to the function area.
Step 2: Select Settings
Step 3: Select Sound and Screen
Step 4: Select Audio Output Settings
Step 5: Select Primary Output Port
Step 6: Select DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL)
Step 7: Check all formats your audio may support and select OK.
Step 8: Select Audio Format (Priority), and then select Bitstream (Dolby).
Step 11: Update the system software on your PS4
Outdated system software may also lead to sound issues on your PS4. If this is the case, updating your PS4 system software is very likely the solution to your problem. Here is how to make it:
Step 1: on the home screen of your PS4 system, press the up button on your controller to go to the function area.
Step 2: Select Settings
Step 3: Select System Software Update, and then follow the on-screen instructions to update the system software for your PS4.
Hope your PS4 works properly after you update the latest software for it.
Step 12: Restore your PS4 to the default factory settings
Another method to fix PS4 audio and sound issues is restoring your PS4 to the default factory settings in safe mode. Here is how:
- On the front of your PS4, press the power button to turn it off.
- After your PS4 is turned off completely, press and hold the power button.
- After you hear two beeps from your PS4, release the button.
- Connect your controller to your PS4 with a USB cable.
- Press the PS button on your controller.
- Select Restore to Default Settings.
- Select Yes and wait for the process to be complete.
Restart your game to see if this method worked.
Common Question Related To No Sound From Ps4
- Why can’t I hear anything through my ps4 headset?
if you are not able to head anything from your headset then you might have ps4 headset no sound problem. To solve it first check that your headset is working fine in other devices like mobile, tv, etc. and then follow the above methods.
- Why am I getting Ps4 remote play no sound?
Ps4 remote play no sound can be caused due to the other device fault or low connection speed. Check here on How to increase the connection speed of the ps4.
- The ps4 controller on pc no sound?
If you are getting no sound on Ps4 controller on pc then follow above steps on how to solve it.
- Can you hear game sound through ps4 headset?
Yes, you can surely hear game sound via ps4 headset. Make sure you have connected your headset before using it and you can enjoy audio via headset.
- How do I get my ps4 to play sound through headphones?
For the PlayStation 4, you can just use a regular set of 3.5mm headphones to hear game audio through the port on the DualShock 4. To do so, from the PS menu,
Go to Settings > Devices > Audio Devices > output to Headphones > With your headphones plugged in select “All Audio” as opposed to “Chat Audio.”
- Does ps4 have audio out?
Yes, Ps4 does have an audio out feature. The PS4 will automatically output sound via HDMI, so it is usually not necessary to adjust these settings. If you connect a device such as an AV amplifier for a home theater to the PS4™ system’s DIGITAL OUT(OPTICAL) port, you can manually change the audio output setting.
Hopefully, this article has helped you in solving no sound from ps4 or ps4 pro problem. If you have any query them just comment below and we will try to solve it. Till then happy gaming.