PS4 won’t connect to WiFi 2021 Fix
You might be using your PS4 to surf the Internet every day. Sometimes there could have been problems, but you fixed those problems. One day you found out that your PS4 couldn’t connect to the WiFi suddenly. You couldn’t fix PS4 won’t connect to WiFi 2020? You tried for many days to solve the problem and finally connect to the LAN to browse the Internet. But, still, your PS4 can’t connect to wifi. So, how would you fix the problem? How will you solve my Ps4 won’t connect to internet problems easily? If this has happened with you previously, you can share how you fixed it in the comments. And, if you are facing the problem PS4 cannot connect to wifi, or error PS4 cannot connect to wifi network within the time limit you have come to the right destination.
Today, you will be able to fix the issue that your PS4 is facing. If you had tried initializing the system and still your PS4 can’t connect to wifi, then this method would work for you. I had a problem of not being connected to the WiFi in my PS4 for four days due to this error. I tried initializing the system. But, it didn’t work. Then, I finally came across a topic in a totally different forum than the PlayStation forums and found some instructions. I tried following those instructions and it worked and solved my problem instantly. I could finally connect to the WiFi in my PS4 after four days. Today, I will share the methods I followed while trying to solve my problem and I am sure this would certainly help you in some way.
Why My Ps4 won’t connect to internet?
There can be many reasons why your Ps4 won’t connect to the internet. Some of the common reason might be due to poor network communication between your wifi devices and your ps4 console or your poor Wi-fi signal. While sometimes you may have the best connection and still wonder why won’t my ps4 connect to the internet in that cause it may be due to a faulty console or connection problem with your ps4 that won’t let you connect to the internet at all. Either way, your device will be out of network facilities and you will have to enjoy only the offline features of the ps4. Some of the common issues and errors you may get while facing the connection issues are:
- Ps4 won’t connect to the internet
- Ps4 won’t connect to wifi
- ps4 won’t connect to psn but will connect to internet
Cause Of Causes of PS4 Not Connecting to Wifi
Many factors may reason on why your ps4 won’t connect to the wi-fi. But there are some major factors that are know to cause this problem. Some of the major causes of the problems are.
- Wifi has lost the internet connection.
- Your Wifi Username and Password do not match.
- The (PSN) Playstation Network is offline currently.
- DNS setting of your ps4 console are misconfigured.
- The Wifi signal of your router is weak or your ps4 is far away from the router.
- Your Ps4 console is malfunctioned.
- You have not downloaded the latest system firmware.
How do you connect your ps4 to WIFI?
There is a simple way on How do you connect your ps4 to WIFI. For that just follow these simple steps below and you will be able to connect your ps4 to WIFI:
- Go to settings and then network.
- Now go to set up Internet Connection.
- Use either Lan Cable or Wi-Fi and then choose custom.
- Choose Ip Address as Automatic and DHCP Do not specify.
- In DNS server settings use Manual and type in the preferred DNS in the Primary DNS and Secondary DNS settings bar e.g 220.127.116.11 in primary DNS settings bar and 18.104.22.168 in Secondary DNS bar
- Add Mtu
- Click next and now your console is connected to internet.
PS4 won’t connect to WiFi 2020 Fix
See This Video On PS4 couldn’t connect to the WiFi Error
Solve Endless Proxy Loop
This problem that I am going to share with you here is the CE-33986-9, which is also known as ‘endless proxy loop’. You can also check how to use a proxy server or how to configure DNS for ps4 to get more information on this error. So what you have to do solve this endless proxy loop problem in your ps4 console is to do FOllowing things.
- First, Get over to the PS4 Menu XrossMediaBar (XMB).
- After you are at the XMB, you need to scroll right to the Settings, then to Network and then you need to click on “Set Up Internet Connection”.
- There you will have to select either WiFi or wired LAN cable. Since you had the problem while connecting to your WiFi, you’d want to choose WiFi in this option.
- After you select WiFi, you need to select ‘Custom’ and then you have to select the Wi-Fi network.
- You will see a field where you will have to enter the password of your Wi-Fi network. If you are already using that WiFi on your PS4, the password would be automatically saved and you won’t have to enter it again.
- After entering the password, you need to select ‘Automatic’ in the IP Address Settings.
- You shouldn’t use the DHCP Host Name and you have to select ‘Manual’ in the DNS Settings that you see there.
- In the DNS settings, you can enter the following servers in Primary DNS and Secondary DNS fields:
Primary DNS: 22.214.171.124 and Secondary DNS: 126.96.36.199
- After you set the DNS, you should click ‘Next’ and select ‘Automatic’ in the MTU Settings. You shouldn’t use any Proxy Servers there.
- After you follow all these instructions, you are finally done. Now, you have one thing left to do.
- You need to Test Internet Connection.
- If it still didn’t work, you can try the following servers in the DNS Settings:
Primary DNS: 188.8.131.52 and Secondary DNS: 184.108.40.206
Use a Wired Lan Cable
If you still cannot connect to the wifi and access your internet via wifi connection then the better alternative will be a LAN connection cable. A LAN cable is a far more suitable and better alternative to wifi as it will give you a better internet connection and less lag while playing PlayStation 4 games than a wifi connection. Also using ethernet cable can increase your download speed drastically so using a Lan cable can be a good substitute if your PS4 won’t connect to WiFi.
Restart Your Playstation And Router
Sometimes restarting up the device or router can be the best way to solve PS4 won’t connect to WiFi error. So, if your PS4 can’t connect to wifi, first of all, make sure to restart the console and PS4 device and see what happens. Maybe it will solve PS4 can’t connect to wifi problem and your Ps4 will run happily after that.
Change Router Settings:
If your PlayStation or Ps4 Pro cannot connect to wifi Wireless Network.
then do the following steps in your router admin settings. Here is an article on how to access the router admin section:
1)Go to the Modem admin section. Mine address is: http://220.127.116.11
2) Go to Security
Now here is the trick. Use any of these methods
1) Change your Network SSID name and restart the router
2) Enable or Disable Encryption
3) Remove Password of your wifi by selecting the option ‘Open’” By doing any of the above steps your PS4 Pro will always recognize your Wifi Connection.” – Solution By Reader Eshban Bahadur For solving my Ps4 won’t connect to internet error.
Contact Your ISP or PlayStation Support
If nothing works then it may be your ISP that is the problem or your PS4 hardware that is causing PS4 won’t connect to WiFi error. So it will be a wise option to look at these steps too and check if you have open Nat types in your Ps4 console.
Buy Wifi Booster Or Wifi Range Extender [ Suggested By Reader]
If Nothing Works then you can try and use wifi booster that is found on the internet. Buy a Wifi – Booster and then connect the ps4 to the main hotspot wifi to play the game online. This method has worked for Many of the Users.
Common Question & Answers on PS4 can’t connect to WiFi
My Ps4 won’t connect to wifi 2019
- Go to Set Up Internet Connection.
- Use either Wi-Fi or a LAN (Ethernet) cable or to connect your PS4™ system to
- the Internet. Select (Settings) > [Network] > [Set Up Internet Connection],
- And then follow the on-screen instructions to configure network settings.
Can not connect to WIFI ps4
Do as above to solve Can not connect to WIFI ps4 error.
How do I reset network settings on ps4?
To restore system software to its default settings, select (Settings) > [Initialization] > [Restore Default Settings], and then follow the on-screen instructions.
My Ps4 won’t connect to wifi 2020
Make sure your wifi and router are on and also make sure your internet is running as well.
My Ps4 won’t connect to internet 2020
Try using ethernet cable if your Ps4 won’t connect to the internet via a wifi connection to solve Ps4 won’t connect to internet problems.
My Ps4 won’t connect to wifi within time limit?
Make sure you are not using a proxy server in Ps4 wifi settings. Else follow the above methods to solve this problem.
Ps4 won’t connect to wifi extender
If your Ps4 won’t connect to wifi extender try using an ethernet cable as an alternative.
Ps4 wifi connection problems
To solve PS4 wifi connection problems just follow the above steps.
Ps4 won’t connect to optimum wifi
Make sure your router is working. If it is ok then follow the above method to solve ps4 won’t connect to optimum wifi error.
Why is My Ps4 not connecting to wifi after update?
Maybe the update file is corrupt try to go back to the previous system update or wait a few days as Sony will bring a new update to fix the error. That’s maybe the reason your Ps4 is not connecting to WIFI.
- PS4 cannot connect to wifi network within the time limit?
The reason can be due to the proxy server you are using or simply that router cannot assign an IP or connect to your PS4. Try restarting the router or check for proxy settings and remove it if you have.
Also, See: PS4 Error Code NW-31194-8 Fix
After you have done all these, you can try checking your Internet connection and see if the PS4 won’t connect to WiFi error is fixed or not. This method will certainly resolve the issue if you follow the instructions properly. If these instructions still didn’t resolve PS4 cannot connect to wifi 2020 issue, you can write your problems in detail in the comments and we will try to cover up your problem right back away. For more help and solution to Sony ps4, you can look at this page.