I faced the PS4 WV-33898-1 error code issue a couple of months ago. When I tried to use the browser, it used to tell “Cannot display the page. (WV-33898-1)“. My WiFi connection was running fine. But, my PS4 wasn’t even letting me enter the “Set Up Internet Connection” option inside Settings >> Network. It used to show me the text “[Connect to the Internet] is turned off]”. You might also be facing the PS4 WV-33898-1 error code issue on your PlayStation 4 console. What might be the reason behind this issue? WV-33898-1 PS4 error issue usually appears when you can’t access web pages in your PS4 browser.
If you are facing this PS4 WV-33898-1 error code issue, I have got some methods to resolve this issue. The solutions include methods like checking for PS4 system update and testing the Internet connection. You can take an in-depth look through this article below to find out the different methods to resolve this issue.
PS4 WV-33898-1 Error Code Issue
I have got a couple of different methods to resolve WV-33898-1 PS4 error code issue which can help you to fix your problem and let you browse the Internet on your console.
Before getting started, you need to make sure that the checkbox next to the “Connect to the Internet” option is checked. You might be getting the error also due to this checkbox being unchecked. When it is unchecked, it won’t let you connect to the Internet in your PS4 console. You can go to Settings and then to Network and put a tick in the checkbox.
After you are sure that this checkbox is checked, you can look further in this article.
Method 1: Checking for PS4 System Update
One of WV-33898-1 solution can be a system update. This error might have been caused due to server maintenance as well. To be sure that the server is under maintenance, you can check https://status.playstation.com/ to find out the current PlayStation Network status in your region.
WV-33898-1 PS4 error can also appear when there is a new PS4 System Software Update. You can go to your PS4 Settings and check for System Software Update to find out if there’s any new update available.
Checking for a System Update every time any error appears in the PS4 is also a good preference since it can help to solve many issues.
If the issue still persists after performing the System Software Update, you can rebuild your PS4 database. To do so, you might want to follow the instructions below:
- First, you need to turn off your PS4.
- Now, you need to connect your PS4 DualShock 4 controller with your console using a USB cable.
- Then, you need to press and hold the power button for about 7-10 seconds and when you hear the second beep, you need to release the power button.
- Now, you have to press the PlayStation button on the controller.
- Then, you will be inside the Safe Mode where you need to select the Rebuild Database.
After you have rebuilt the database, you can check whether the problem is resolved or not.
Method 2: Testing your Internet connection
This Ps4 error code WV-33898-1 error code issue might also have appeared due to the problem in your home network or maybe your ISP is providing an unstable connection. To check if this is the problem, you can look at the instructions below:
- First, you need to turn off your PS4 and your router/modem for about 2 minutes.
- If you have a router, you shall bypass it and directly connect to the modem. And, if you have a WiFi connection, you shall try using an Ethernet cable instead of connecting wirelessly.
- To test your PS4 Network Connection Status, you need to go to the PS4 Home Screen and select Settings and then select Network and finally click on “Test Internet Connection”.
- You also need to make sure that other users of your home network aren’t utilizing higher network bandwidth. If they are, you need to wait until they finish their work. Then, you can check if the problem still persists or not.
Method 3: Change DNS Settings
If you are still experiencing PlayStation WV-33898-1 error code then you might want to change your PlayStation ps4 settings. TO change the DNS of your PlayStation device you might want to check this article on how to change the DNS of your ps4.
If you use a private network, you shall contact the IT Administrator of the network to help you resolve the issue.
If you aren’t yet able to resolve the issue, you can call your ISP and ask if there is any problem with the ISP. They can also help you resolve your problem if it is related to your home network.
If you are still unable to fix the Ps4 error WV-33898-1 issue, you shall write your problem in detail in the comments. We would try to respond to you as soon as possible.